SAVED BY THE GEEK L.L.C.
Payment Terms and Release of Liability
CLIENT agrees to the following terms for services rendered by SAVED BY THE GEEK computer service.
CLIENT agrees to pay a service call fee of $45 to $65 (Depending on distance traveled) for SAVED BY THE GEEK to come to the CLIENT’s location to make the service call. In addition, CLIENT agrees to pay a residential, home based business, or commercial service charge per quarter hour for time spent by Save by the Geek at CLIENT's site. The $45 to $65 basic visit fee is not credited towards your service charge and is due regardless of the outcome of service. SAVED BY THE GEEK reserves the right to refuse service as well as to change fees and rates at any time without notice. For detailed pricing for different levels of technical expertise may be found on the web site www.savedbythegeek.com and select pricing,
Residential CLIENT agrees to pay SAVED BY THE GEEK for all charges at the time of service. SAVED BY THE GEEK will provide billing services to clients at an additional $5 per occurrence. This service is an accounting fee to cover the additional paperwork, postage, and handling. Commercial CLIENT will be invoiced, payment terms are due on receipt of the invoice..
CLIENT agrees to release and hold harmless SAVED BY THE GEEK from any and all liability associated with the performance of service or the provision of parts, and acknowledges also that offers no explicit or implied warranty or guarantee on services performed or parts provided, other than the manufacturer’s warranty. Further:
1. CLIENT acknowledges that due to the nature of the services being performed, there is potential risk of damage or loss including, but not limited to, damage to CLIENT's home, office, computer hardware, cabling, hubs, routers, switches, peripherals, accessories, and furniture, as well as potential risk of damage, corruption, or loss of computer software, applications, data, and data storage media.
2. CLIENT agrees to release and hold harmless SAVED BY THE GEEK from all liability for damage or loss as well as any incidental or consequential material or financial damage or loss that may result from the actions of SAVED BY THE GEEK, its agents or service representatives.
3. CLIENT grants SAVED BY THE GEEK, its agents and service representatives, access and permission to physically disassemble any and all computer systems, components, networks, cabling, hubs, routers, switches, peripherals, and accessories.
4. CLIENT grants SAVED BY THE GEEK, its agents and service representatives, access, security rights, and permission to open, view, modify, edit, delete, or otherwise manipulate CLIENT's computer software, applications, data, and data storage media including, but not limited to, the computer Operating System, word processing, spreadsheets, databases, workflow, graphics, audio, video, system drivers and libraries, and any other type of software or data that may be contained on CLIENT's computer system or network.
5. CLIENT grants SAVED BY THE GEEK, its agents and service representatives, permission to physically access CLIENT's home or office property where CLIENT's computer system and/or network reside.
6. CLIENT grants SAVED BY THE GEEK, its agents and service representatives, permission to perform modification to CLIENT's home or office property for the purpose of installing or troubleshooting computer and/or networking hardware, cabling, hubs, routers, switches or peripherals. Modification may include such practices as drilling through or disassembling furniture, walls, floors, carpet or trim, laying and removing cabling and devices including affixing cabling and devices to furniture, walls, floors, or trim, using nails, screws, staples, hangers, or plastic ties.
7. CLIENT grants SAVED BY THE GEEK, its agents and service representatives, permission to download and/or install software on CLIENT's computer and/or network, including but not limited to, virus scanners, diagnosis and repair utilities, drivers, libraries, and software requested to be installed by CLIENT.
8. CLIENT grants SAVED BY THE GEEK, its agents and service representatives, permission to install hardware in CLIENT's computer and/or network, including but not limited to, memory chips, processor chips, cooling fans, batteries, hard drives, tape drives, storage devices, modem and communication devices, audio and video cards, network interface cards, hubs, routers, switches, printers, scanners, cables, and any other hardware requested to be installed by CLIENT.
9. SAVED BY THE GEEK strongly advises that CLIENT safeguard critical data by backing up said data prior to any services performed by SAVED BY THE GEEK. Unless specifically requested and provided as a paid service by SAVED BY THE GEEK, CLIENT is responsible for any backup, archiving, or protective storage as well as restoration if required, of CLIENT's data. SAVED BY THE GEEKis a provider of billable on-site services and does not offer or provide telephone technical support. Neither the signing of this agreement nor the performance of services by SAVED BY THE GEEK implies availability of telephone technical support. This document constitutes the entire agreement between CLIENT and SAVED BY THE GEEK. No other agreement, whether verbal or written shall be in effect except if agreed to and authorized in writing.
By requesting SAVED BY THE GEEK L.L.C. to work on your computer equipment the CLIENT agrees to the terms of this Payment Terms and Release of Liability document.